Monday, June 16, 2008

Making a comfort quilt......

Now that the "wheels are churning" for our "Sew and Share" efforts, I am back to working on a couple of projects for upcoming events. The quilt top shown below is just a simple baby quilt top that I will back and border with fleece. I made a larger quilt like this for myself this past winter and it was so warm and cuddly on cold days. I used only fabrics/remnants from my stash and cut them into 6 1/2" by 9 1/2" rectangles. Then I laid them out on the floor and just randomly placed blocks. I'll be finishing up this baby quilt in the next couple of days as it will be a doorprize at the quilt show during my hometown's 125th celebration in Lehigh, Iowa. The baby quilt takes 30 blocks. I have two more cut out that are raffle/fundraiser quilts for our historical society but I can't take time to stitch those until I get through this weekend's festivities. I'll post all the finished quilts as they are quick to make and by backing them with fleece there is no batting needed.


P.S. No time to stitch but you have flannel scraps on hand? Send them to me and I'll stitch them into "Fleecy Quilts" (I realize I can't really call them quilts as there is no "filling" between the layers). Sandi

No comments: