Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sleep tight..............

I thought I'd post a few more pictures before I toddle off to bed. When I put my head down on the pillow at night, I love nothing better than a soft, clean pillow case. So here are few that were stitched so that others can do the same.
A dainty floral case that Kate made from fabrics in my stash. So soft and pretty that I wouldn't mind sleeping on it myself.
Had to take another picture of the polka dot pillow case that Pat made. Click on the photo to enlarge so you can see the cute barn print that trims the blue pillowcases. Someone will really like those.

Margaret (from Prior Lake) made and sent the pillowcases pictured above and in the photo below. The jungle print one is great and somewhere there is a cat lover who will really enjoy the blue cat print pillowcases.

There are only a few photos left to show you and I am going to post those on Monday. Planning to take a break for a few days and tend to some family things and such. I've kept up with things these last few days but I am way behind on some stitching projects that have deadlines!
Need to share one more nice little thing that happened with the "Sew and Share" day.
"Toody's Sweets and Treats" is located on Main Street in Henderson. Prior to the sewing day, I had made arrangements with Toody to honor coupons that I would give participants who sewed or donated. I had made name tag buttons and everyone got a coupon that said -
"Thank you for participating in "Sew and Share"
Present this coupon at Toody's Sweets and Treats for one free Kiddie size ice cream cone, flavor of your choice."
And by the way, a Kiddie size cone at Toody's is not what you get when you order one at certain fast food places. This is a cone that would be a medium or more at most places. Anyway, at the end of the day, I went in to settle up and pay Toody for the cones. And she said "no charge, you guys sewed for a good cause-treat is on me!" How cool!!! Thank you, Toody, sewwww much!!!
It's time to say "Good-night" and what better way to close out the blog tonight than with the picture below. These pillow cases were cross-stitched by Bronwyn Hughes, sister of my friend, Gretchen Hughes. When I opened them up and saw the ice cream cones and the "Sweet Dream" it reminded me of that old rhyme my kids used to chant - "Ice cream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream." Memories are such a delight. A few night's ago, I was reading Heidi Kaisand's blog "Hen and Chicks" and she closed with "Sleep Tight, Don't let the bedbugs bite". I was immediately reminded of my dad. I hope all of you are able to sleep tight tonight wherever you are, and that, of course, you have "Sweet Dreams".


I'll be back on Monday with more photos and another cool story from the "Sew and Share" day.
P.S. That's the beagle king, Kaiser under the pillowcases. He was intent on watching the birds flitting about in the woods. I am sure he was thinking "why do I have to be on this leash?!!!"

1 comment:

Mara Zeitspieler said...

The ones with the dots are very cute!
Greetings
Mara Zeitspieler